Monday, July 30, 2012

I Smile at the Sun

I hear the voices,
All around me,
Nothing but noises,
No wonder to see,

The car’s stereo playing,
There’s no stopping us right now,
Ignoring what my friends are saying,
I just let go and how,

Shut my eyes,
And turned my head towards the window,
Clear skies,
I could hear the planes flying low,

The evening rays of the sun,
Hit my eyelids and everything turned bright red,
Oh everything turned into fun,
It’s the best feeling in the day I had,

The warmth I felt,
The feeling of freedom,
Justice was dealt,
Chaos was undone,

I felt at peace,
I smiled,
Such graceful ease,
I smiled,

For I had nothing to worry about,
I forgot whatever I feared,
The rays took away the last doubt,
I had no lust to be endeared,

My cheeks hurt,
As I carried onto smile,
Still I didn’t avert,
Looking at the sun all the while,

 In that pristine moment,
I knew I needed no one,
I had enough of what life had lent,
I no more needed to run,

My eyes still shut,
Absorbing the sun’s beauty,
The end to my troubles was abrupt,
But seldom does life offers such opportunity…

 LOVE ONE LOVE ALL
MOHIT CHOPRA
30th July 2012

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love ur words... love ur poems.. love the way u write... love ur optimism.. keep smiling... :)

Anonymous said...

have u ever been in love or .... ur words r so gud bt something is always unsaid...