Thursday, January 15, 2009

I am still the same...


I am still the same,
Looking for a reason,
Bit crude, a bit inane,
Bitten by treason,

Acting lame,
Making the same mistakes,
Hard to tame,
Blind to what the world fakes,

Caught in the same memoirs,
Looking for a way back,
As if my mind never tires
Is it just you who I lack?

In love I am still naïve,
I couldn’t learn,
Maybe that’s why I still crave,
And my eyes burn,

Never blinking,
Waiting for you,
Heart’s sinking,
Having no clue,

If you even remember,
Of the times I cherish,
What you did render,
Or was I just too mulish,

But still I gave so much,
More than I could,
Waiting for that pristine touch,
I thought you would,

But it has been so many days,
You didn’t even look back,
Were we just about the frays?
It’s more than love that we lack,

I wonder why you don’t see that I still the same,
As I was when we first met,
You have just stopped looking beyond the pane,
In callousness you have become deft…

May God Bless You
Love One Love All

Mohit Chopra

15 January 2009













3 comments:

Praveen said...

Brilliant Mohit.... these lines are meant for something and someone soooooooo special ...

"Never blinking,
Waiting for you,
Heart’s sinking,
Having no clue,"

Gargi said...

this is what is called heart breaking stuff.
but then isne na jane kitni bar dil judvake wapus tudvaya hoga!

the girl he wrote for must be be one lucky thing!!
does she even know it?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poems, no need to tell you that you've got talent for this kind of stuff!

I'm really jealous of your muse, kaun hai wo?

-Ramya.